To hear my favourite radio station in the city I am actually living, it was necessary to have an internet radio. Luckily the Raspberry Pi was born this year and with some modifications it meets all my needs. I missed a display and some push buttons for running it standalone. So I created an extension board that fits directly to the Raspberry Pi gpio header. Furthermore I added a WiFi-USB-stick so it can be used without network cable.
- playing internet streams using MPD
- network acces via USB-Wifi stick or network cable
- change volume and radio station with push buttons
- display showing radio station and volume level
- web server to edit playlist and configure the Pi